Thursday 23 July 2009

Butterfly dance







I spent a good ten minutes (probably longer.......... :) ) this morning, wtaching teh butterflies in the front garde; I have four large buddleisas out there, all different, but the biggest, a nice shade of lilac, is the most highly scented one, and attracts butterflies by the dozen. This morning,they were out in force, and it literally looked like they were dancing in the sunlight and the accompanying breeze. I counted over two dozen at one time on the bush - large and small whites, commas, a painted lady, forst red admiral, peacok, tortoiseshells........
They're still out there now flitting about, it's a lovely sight to see, and with teh window open, the honey scent of the buddlia is wafting in over me. I love late summer. :)

2 comments:

Simone said...

How lovely to have such a wide variety of butterflies come to visit your garden.

thesnailgarden said...

Lovely butterfly photos - I have been photographing them on my Buddleia too, best wishes Pj x