Monday 21 December 2009

Winter Solstice




Time to bring out more candles and decorate the house with greenery - now done, the sitting room looks very festive. The holly and ivy were cut fresh from the garden, the mistletoe bought a while back from the farmer's market. Every year I try to get it to grow in the apple trees by squashing in the berries; no luck yet, but I keep on trying! The Yule log is ready to come indoors.
It's very cold here today; the sky is heavy looking, and it could very well snow, which I would love. I've just turned the stove up for supper - beef stew and dumplings tonight I think - and the woodburner will be lit soon, the curtains drawn, and in for the evening, setled down with some knitting and a glass of something nice.

Blessings to all on this winter solstice.

3 comments:

brightandnew said...

Lovely pictures! I really like the wreath and your mantle shelf, very welcoming.

Kath said...

Blessings to you also!
I really like your little Reindeer friend with the wreath around his(her?) neck, just lovely. :)

La Ferme de Sourrou said...

Beautifully "Chrismassy" your solstice spread !!!

Have a great Yule my dear and I hope 2010 is a great year for you and yours.!

Irene xxx