Tuesday 5 November 2013

Trying




(for more info/artworks, visit http://toinjoints.deviantart.com)


This hit a chord this morning, shared from the Wild and wise Women group on Facebook

he truth is ... I'm just like you
And I'm trying
Sometimes the trying is exhausting
But it is an every day thing
Yes I've heard "there is no try"...
Thank you Yoda
But in my humble opinion
He was wrong
Because there is trying
Every day

Every day I try
To meet each situation with kindness
To own what is mine - emotionally
And to walk in integrity
And honesty as well as faith and trust
That there is something bigger
That is guiding me
And I am trying
Because these are not all things that just happen on their own
Yet. They depend on me to try

I try to not let worry and stress
Grief and pain overtake me
and sometimes I am successful
And when I'm not ... there is a next time
For me to try again

I am trying - to be who I am called here to be
To be the mother my son will always be proud of
And to mother in a way that makes me proud
I try to not forget myself in all the care I give
To not pass over me because I am quiet and "fine"
And I try to remember what I need
In my relationships, my friendships, my love, and my life
While I am taking care of your needs
Yes, while I am taking care of your needs in our relationship, our friendship, our love and our life
Because your needs are my needs
In an abstract sort of way that I have had to rise above
Although they really matter to me too.

Just like you, every day I try
And there are days when trying feels like merely surviving
And that's ok.
Because there are other days
Days when it doesn't feel like trying at all
When I am in the flow and a part of the energy
That works around me and through me
Rather than the resistance I was trained to be
There are those days ~ those ARE those days
When I want to circle my arms around you and
Whisper "It can be like this"
Before we wake up in the morning and
Try again.

(c) 2013 Christa Thompson of W3

 

1 comment:

thriftwizard said...

Thank you for posting this, Sarah. Hit the nail on the head for me today...