Friday 11 April 2008

Joining the W.I.


Finally bit the bullet last night and joined the W.I. - after all these years! I've always wanted to join, but at the last hosue there wasn't an easily accessible one, and the nearest one was a bit snooty; here there is one in the next village, but it's not very lively, and on an afternoon that would cause total disruption to our usual Friday routine, which we all know and love :0). I went with my good friend greentwinsmummy, and they were delighted we were both going to join on the spot; what a lovely bunch of friendly women. Listened to the business, then a talk on Cerne Abbas - lots of history and interesting slides on the various ancient buildings and houses there, not forgetting the giant, ofcourse! - tea and a quiz. We even sang Jerusalem............. Had a great time, and I'm looking forward to getting to know them better and joining in what seems to be a lively group.

No comments: