Monday 15 June 2009

Mother Earth News


I have long been a fan of Mother Earth news magazine, although I came to it relatively late in life, not until the 1990s I think. I'm not sure how I first came across it, but I think it might have been OH bringing a copy back from the USA after a wrok trip out there. I saved up the ones I could get hold of, then had a subscription on and off as funds allowed. My paper copies became worn and otrn and tattered through constant re-reading. Last month I bit the bullet and invested in the whole of their output on CDROM - there are 4 of them, covering its inception from 1970, the 1980s, the 1990s , and then up until 2008. Not cheap in money terms, after P&P and customs charges, but I thought it would be a very worthwhile investment and a veritable goldmine of information. I've just had a quick flick through the fist disc, and don't think I'm going to be disappointed at all - what a huge amount of wonderful stuff to read. I'm sure I'll be passing on various bits of wisdom as I work my way through them, so watch out for that.

Here's a link:

http://www.motherearthnews.com/

If I don't resurface for a while, at least you'll know what I'm up to now LOL

No comments: