Tuesday 24 November 2009

Clotted cream and chestnut fudge

200g chestnut puree (I used tinned for this one)
275 g granulated sugar
100g golden syrup - scant measure
225g clotted cream (1 tub)


Put all ingredients into a heavy based saucepan and heat gently to dissolve; increase heat, bring to the boil, then put lid on for 3 minutes. Remove lid and continue to boil to 116C/240F, soft ball stage.
Remove from heat and beat well until thickened and grainy. Turn into lightly oiled tin and leave to set. When almost set, mark into squares. Keep in an airtight tin if you can :)

(This is my adaptation of a basic recipe I found on the internet.)

1 comment:

karen said...

mmmmmm I was wondering what to make in the kitchen this week.
Thanks for the recipe. I wonder how long it will last lol.
(((hugs))
karen