Friday 8 July 2011

Sewing in the ends............

Job for this evening - sewing in the ends of  this pile of granny squares on their way to being a blanket, after finishing the dark green edging on the last few.
I like sewing in ends - both literally and metaphorically. A lot of folk find such jobs tedious, but I don't, I relish the chance to do something repetitive like this - gives me time to muse and ponder, plan and mull things over. Likewise, I really don't mind topping and tailing berries and currants, or pricking individual sloes for the gin in autumn, waiting for the bread to rise, waiting a few seconds or minutes for a page/s to load on to the computer, handwriting letters, hand sewing buttons on (yes, my electric sewing machine has a function for this, never used), darning socks, hand knitting, ironing things properly, folding the laundry, washing the dishes by hand............... all those sorts of things really give me the pleasure of a good job done by my own hand. Tedious?No. Satisfying? Oh yes.

Ofcourse, a  poke of your favourite sweeties helps a lot............

1 comment:

Jane and Chris said...

Many 'mundane' jobs I find restful...but sewing in ends! Not for me!!
Jane x