Friday 11 October 2013

It's here!

I was doing a spinning demo at a needlework festival a few weeks back, which generated a lot of interes - lots of folk stopped to talk about he wheel, wool and all sorts. One coupled had a wheel they were looking for a home for, so I expressed an interest. It was picked up for me today, and is now sitting here in my kitchen.  It is unique.  Made in 1946/7, just after the end of the war by this mans father for his mother. he used what wood was available, said J, and it looks for all the world that some parts may have been a chair.  It's a beautiful wee wheel and I'm really looking forward to giving it a try out at the weekend. Cost was £20 plus some eggs, redcurrant jelly and a jar of marmalade :)

 

2 comments:

Alison said...

It looks beautiful! I have a stand for a lace pillow which also looks to have been made from recycled wood; I really love the look of it

Mum said...

You lucky girl. It has gone to a good home. I hope it spins well for you.
Love from Mum
xx