Tuesday 26 February 2008

Simple pleasures


One of my favourite jobs is scrubbing the kitchen table; the table is pine, with a single drawer in the end, and I remember it in the kitchen of my paternal grandmother's home in London, but I suspect it may well fo back further in the family than that. Very plain and functional, it's done really good service for us already, with many years to come. A nice hot scrub with a real brush and left to dry - one of life's satisfying jobs with a direct connection to the past.


2 comments:

kathyann said...

This was a job we got to do at the farmhouse and don't they come up looking so nice and freshened up and the kitchen smelt lovely afterwards!
Love from Kathyann and the girls

MrsL said...

I'm always loathe to use it after it's been scrubbed! OH always complains it's too low to get hi sknees under, but I am very fond of it and won't get rid of it!!