Monday 19 May 2008

Further into the day...........




.......and I seem to have got my **** into gear this morning!! Third load of washing in, bathroom cleaned, pieced the whole of a quilt top, knitted a lace bookmark for a forum swap, made rhubarb schnapps, got the mint wine into a demi-john, tea underway (baked poatoes with wood blewtis and asparagus in cream and garlic), milk on for cheese, cream out of the fridge to get to room temp for buttermaking in a while. OH's shirts ironed too. I fitted in making 5 beeswax candles as well, which was a nice, if unexpected diversion - I found the little kit in the drawer when I was looking for something else. So, pleased with that lot, and it's out int he garden for an hour soon. The pics are candle, rhubarb schnapps on its way and a nice one of 3 of the muscovies trying to pretend they're not lurking by the back door :0)

2 comments:

kathyann said...

My word Mrs L ,I'm exhausted just reading all the things you managed to do today,Well done!
By the way how do you make the rhubarb snapps,I have been given loads of rhubarb and would like to make something other than the usual pies and crumble(although I want some of these too)Thanks,Kathyann and the girls

Pixiedust said...

You have been busy MrsL. I still haven't finished my bookmark yet, but hope to either later today or tomorrow. The schnapps look great will try that one. I made Sloe gin, damson gin and elderberry gin last year, and i've still got some in the cupboard.