Tuesday 20 May 2008

How to make rhubarb schnapps

This is my variation, based on Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's one. Very easy, and cheapish to make. I use just the cheapest vodka. Take a clean Kilner jar and fill it about 1/3 or so full with rhubarb chopped into short sticks; add in about 3 tbsp granulated sugar, then top up the jar with vodka, put on the lid tightly and leave in a cool darkish place for about three months. It's ready when the vodka has turned pink and tastes of rhubarb. One of my favourite homemade "liqueurs" - hope you enjoy it. Makes a change from crumble :0) :0)

1 comment:

kathyann said...

Thanks Mrs L I'm going to give this one a go,I made damson gin last year and it was gorgeous,I syphoned it off into those small wine bottles(the ones you get 4 for a fiver)nice to give as a pressy or a thank you!so I think lots more varieties are to made this year!!!Love from Kathyann and the girls