Tuesday 20 May 2008

Slow it down and live it up..............



“Whatever the tasks, do them slowlywith ease,in mindfulness,so not do any tasks with the goal of getting them over with.Resolve to each job in a relaxed way,with all your attention.”
- Thich Nhat Hanh, Zen Master




All about being in the moment. I read somewhere a long time ago, that actually moving more slowly physically will make you take life at a slower pace - walking more slowly, eating more slowly, everything; and it's true. Life shouldn't need to be lived at such a harried pace that all we do is rush and push and collapse in a heap at the end of the day. Easy to say, harder to live.

1 comment:

kathyann said...

These days my head tells me I have so much to do and to rush round getting it done but my body doesn't agree lol I have had to learn to take things at a much slower pace these days,I still get things done eventually!!Take care ,love from Kathyann and the girls