Monday 30 June 2008

Provence - quilts and cuisine


This is the title of a lovely book by Marie-Christine Flocard and Cosabeth Parriaud, kindly lent to me by someone who reads my blog here. It's a beautiful book, and my favourite type - one that includes recipe as well. It's beautifully illustrated, and very evocative of the Provence I have read about and have taken a great shine to. Maybe I'll get there one day! I invested in some nice fabrics from e-bay, in Provence colours and motifs, and want to do my version of their memories of Provence quilt in the book, where the fabrics are interspersed with Provencal scenes printed on to fabric - a lovely idea, and very effecive I think. The recipes are very tempting - pain au thyme, clafoutis aux abricots................

1 comment:

Jitterbug said...

Glad you are enjoying the book. When my houseguest leave at the end of August I will be dusting my sewing machine off and will try my hand at quilting again.