Saturday 23 August 2008

Autumn morning



I love this time of year, just as summer tilts over into autumn proper; the morning light is beautiful, the temperature just a shade this side of chilly, lovely to be out in. Up early for a bath this morning, so watched the morning grow light through the wide open window. The picture is of the village church, just up the road from the house- the photo was taken out of the sitting room window. Hope the weather stays good, we are off to the Stock Gaylard Oak Fair this morning, will probably take up most fo the day I should think. It's a lovely , local, small event, with top quality demonstrators, animals, crafts, local food and drink, music, etc; we've been to all three so far, this being the fourth. A bonus is that it's about 3 miles down the road from us too.

http://www.stockgaylard.com/oakfair.html

In the meantime, I might just fire up the kettle and make some tea in my new-to-me teapot! What a wonderful find at the tip,a real retro 1950's Midwinter teapot. Not eprfect, but I couldn't resist it, and it'll get well used.


No comments: