Thursday 9 July 2009

Connecting with the past..............



.... recent and ancient. This week I had a visit from an old friend who I went to school with - we haven't seen each other for 12 years ro so, so it was great to catch up and meet their lovely daughter too. Had a great time, talked for England LOL
I'm currently starting in on researching my family tree on my mother's side, and have come across someone in Australia who is connected to my family, with the same connection way back to about 1740 Absolutely amazing, that, hard to comprehend. My life at the moment is taken over with bits of scribbled papers, things with dates on, computer print outs and rifling through my box of old photos. Thoroughly absorbing. Looking forward to getting started on my grandfather's side too.

No comments: