Monday 13 July 2009





I spent half an hour each day last week following a life drawing class on TV; the class was led by an artist, who provided a running commentary and tips, and general views on life drawing, the universe and everything. I found the whole thing hugely enjoyable; I've done life drawing at school and since, but never nudes, so was a new experience for me. These are the better ones - I found the men easier to draw than the women, and much preferred the black ink pen to the pencil (which I was forced to use when Bean purloined my pens for a couple of days). I enjoyed the discipline of having to sit and draw for half an hour, and stuck with it. I'm no MIchaelangelo, but I got a lot out of it. Will need to make more time for drawing, and get back into painting too.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Just stumbled across your blog. It's fabulous!
The drawings are good too....my husband did a life drawing class just recently and enjoyed the chance to sit and draw without distraction. I like to draw too, but my family keeps me so busy and my head is always too full to concentrate!

MrsL said...

Hello Carolyn, welcome to the blog - hope you enjoy it. Thanks for visiting :)

MrsL
xx