Tuesday 31 July 2012

Cooking for one

This is a real novelty for me!  After 25 years odd of catering for others plus me, here I am with just myself to cook for. I always thought I wouldn't bother cooking much or properly, but  I'm really enjoying it so far, and there's a lot less washing up  lol Today's lunch was an omelette with Double Gloucester cheese and sweet onion, and a watercress and orange salad - very nice :)

I spent the morning working on the first project for our forum CoLympics - a bit of fun over at Creative Living forum. The idea is to start a project (anything that takes your fancy) during the opening ceremony and have it finished by the end of the closing ceremony.  My challenge to myself is to catch up on a lot of spinning I need to get done, and frist on the bobbins was a smallish amount of North Ronaldsay fleece, resulting in about 70g of finished wool. Not sure what I'll do with it but it'll probably be part of a larger project 0 then again it may not.  The great thing about craft work is that you can form plans in your head as you work :)



No comments: