Saturday 19 January 2008

Dismal Saturday.............

................dreary and mizzly rain this morning, but much cheered by the purchase of a decent sized bookcase for some of the books that are threatening to engulf me and mine! Still in the car at the moment, until I find somewhere for it. Also bought an oak leaf hydrangea which I have been after for some time. Lots of new-to-me books managed to accompany the bookcase from the charity recycling depot, so that was good; mainly country themed, old crafts, bit of spiritual, that sort of thing. Got home to find my Dorothy Hartley book had arrived as well, so huge piles of good reading matter all over the house at the moment! Waiting to hear back from a Freecycler about some magazines, hope to pick them up tomorrow, but think it might be later in the week, now.
Bit of a dya of it dealing with some real carp on one of the forums I belong to, someone seems to have flounced off...............ah well, their loss, and very childish. Why can't people accept internet forums for what they are - not real life, a place to talk to like minded people, to live and learn?

Came across an excellent expression in a book on simplicity today - radical sanity. I'm sure I could do a lot with that expression...........

A name recently popped up from the past on one of the said forums, and he is sending me a copy of his latest book on his self-sufficiency adventures to review and post about on the net - looking forward to that. See, it's that "book" word again....................:0)

1 comment:

kathyann said...

Freecycling is really great isn't it ,we.ve had allsorts of things just lately,from a fridge freezer, tv,to books, patterns ,lots of plant pots and some indoor planters!!!I'm after some old patterns 50's 60's styles as Beth wants me to make her leavers dress and she prefers the old styles that we can adapt to her taste!! If the weather is going to be bad again you have the perfect excuse to pull up a chair and have a good hot cuppa and go through your books,lovely!!!!Happy reading,love from Kathyann and the girls