Tuesday 10 February 2009

On a scale of one to ten................


.................... today's scored a 9.
I permitted myself the luxury of a mid-day bath; I'd been mucking out this morning - henhouses, duckhouses and goatyard. With the snow and wet weather, everything was pretty clarty, including me by the end of an hour and a half ..........
About 15 minutes into said bath, off goes the smoke alarm, and as I was alone in the house, I thought I'd better get out and have a look just in case. Needless to say, nothing amiss, and at least it was the one on the landing outside the bathroom, rather than downstairs by the back door................. I can't reach the ceiling, so had to knock the cover off with the long hook used to pull down the loft hatch, and take the battery out with it as it just wouldn't stop. Grumped my way back to the bath, but the moment had passed...............LOL
To add insult to injury, I realised how badly the landing ceiling needed dusting.............:)

1 comment:

Oddny said...

Ah smoke alarms! Our first one went off every time we cooked, the current one is efficient but not quite as super-sensitive. Tried the carrot cake by the way -success!(though partner poked it about suspiciously looking for the missing raw bits). many thanks!