Tuesday 7 April 2009

Cath Kidston - what *are* you doing??!!!!


I received my copy of the new Cath Kidston catalogue last week; rather what I *thought* was the new catalogue. Seems that it has turned into some sort of magazine - it has articles on places to go - "Get set with our guide on where to go and what to take" - an interview with Kirstie Allsop, Take a Trip to Tokyo.... , decorating "ideas", childrens' pages, there's even a recipe............ It is now termed a "magazine", with "Fashion/home/kids" amblazoned along the top.
I don't want another magazine. When I do, I go out and buy a proper magazine. I want a catalogue of what you sell, shown clearly, but in an inspiring way, and without having to leaf through unwanted pages to get to it. You are not Country Living, but that's what it seems to me this is trying to emulate/become. Not what I want, so a customer lost here, I'm afraid.

I'm quite prepared to be shot down in flames by those who love it, but I just don't. I still like a lot of what she sells, but fear she is on a wrong turning........

No comments: