Wednesday 10 June 2009

Macrame giraffe, anyone?



This is a wonderful book I bought yesterday, subtitled A Celebration of Overlooked 20th-Century Crafts. I would say overlooked for good reason in quite a number of cases! It has some wonderful vintage and vintage stype illustrations, and insturctions for making some of the crafts. Some great ideas, with a little tweaking could be greatly improved too. I fancy having a go at a sock monkey and some record serving bowls - I've seent hese about, but not caught up with the instructions yet, and here they are! Poodle toilet roll cover anyone? (Yes, it's on my list LOL)

In the meantime, here's a little contribution to the retro revolution, a retro cosy, a special order on its way to a customer now. It turned out nicer than I thought it would, given the choice of colours. Reminds me of a banana toffee..............

No comments: