Tuesday 18 March 2008

Hurray for the Rayburn!!!





Very cold here, so turned the Rayburn up for two reasons - keeping w arm and cooking things to use up the egg mountain! Have ended up with two quiches and 5 jars of lemon curd - I had a load of lemons needing used as well. Started off some grape juice/gooseberry and mint wine (gooseberry and mint cordial needed using up too), and some chilli wine - I'd got some greatly reduced chillies on Friday, so got them used up; pan of eggs boiling on the stove now, and potatoes going in to bake to use the oven up. Just need to clear up now..............

5 comments:

Greentwinsmummy said...

cooo that lemon curd looks lovely! whats the chilli mix for? not wine gulp!!
You are a busy bee indeed today!
x x x x

Pixiedust said...

My mouths waterings, Lemon curd in my absolute favourite, I have it on toast every morning. I,ve made jam before, but never lemon curd. Do you think I can be cheeky and ask for the recipe? xxx

MrsL said...

I'll post up the recipe tomorrow, pixiedust - I've used it for years now, and it's completely reliable and easy, but not "cheap" in actual money terms, but that is more than compensated for in terms of taste! GTM - yes - that's the latest batch of chilli wine started - will be ready for a nice winter warmer at Christmas.....if you dare!!

Greentwinsmummy said...

gosh it is for chilli wine~yikes!! I will brace myself to have a sip later in the year then :o)

Leanne said...

i dont think i have recovered from the one tiny sip i had from last years batch sarah! i am definitely a lightweight where strong drinks concerned!

the curd looks good, i still have two jars from my last batch but will majke some more later this year

Leanne x