Tuesday 18 March 2008

Tolpuddle Martyrs, housework and more......

On this day in 1834, the Tolpouddle Martyrs were convicted of taking illegal oaths and sentenced to transportation to Australia. We have a family of Lovelesses in our village - probably descended from the Martyr family of that name. Wonder what they would make of rural Dorset now?

Cold and bit windy today, so good for the washing. I started my daily round an hour earlier this morning - what a difference that made! Washing in, out and on, washing up done, dog walked, been to Post Office, all animals fed and watered, stove fired up for cooking soon, and the last row of that crochet section done, e-mails checked and dealt with, likewise forum stuff. Need to slice the bacon for the freezer, and make something with a lot of eggs in for tea- the hens are laying liek there's no tomorrow! Cake would be nice too, and I have a new shortbread recipe in mind I might give a go. Hope it stays nice, I'll try to get outside too. We came second in the St Patrick's Day quiz last night, so that was OK. Parish Council meeting tonight, which I could do without, but hey - ho.......

2 comments:

Pixiedust said...

Your doing better than me. I've got a day off work today. There's loads that can be done, but all I seemed to have managed is a bath, walked the dog and surfing blog land. I feel its a sofa day today!

MrsL said...

NOthing wrong with a sofa day - I have them quite often, but tend towards a kitchen table day more - no TV in the kitchen, so more peaceful! Spending the day indoors here, it's so cold - just venturing out to the animals and the washing line!!