Monday 11 August 2008

This morning's work..........



This is some Shetland fleece I got at the Fibrefest last year; soem of the dirtiest fleece I've ever washed too! Very different to the Jacob for spinning, much softer, and needs careful handling, getting the hang of it. I'd like enough to knit up a replica 16thC hat I've found a pattern for, for OH's Christmas present.



Picked the first of the Victorias this morning; I ate the biggest one (gardener's perks!!) ; my favourite plum.




This is the rag rug I'm working on for the hall, at the foot of the stairs. Made froms trips of cotton skirts bought from the jumble sale last weekend. Takes a while to tear it and wind it up, but not an unpleasant task. Almost 3/4 done. Good skirts too - Anokhi, Monsoon, Laura Ashley, sadly in impossibly small sizes, so no good to me as skirts........ :)

No comments: