Wednesday 8 October 2008

Having a digital camera..............




Really love my camera - one of the best presents OH has ever bought me. I know how privileged I am to own one, and be able to use it. I like to think it's magic. You take a picture - no film, no processing, you can delete the crappy ones, take it anywhere, send your pictures literally all over the world...........
So - here's another couple I took!
Couldn't resist the colours in the acorn squash once I cut it open - those colours would make a wonderful knitted thing, or woven, dyed..................
The three pinnies - I am very fond of them already. I only got them last week, in the charity shop. 10p each. 2/- in old money, probably a huge amount for someone like my granny, not that she would ever have bought one........What a lot of work has gone into each one, and I suspect they all came from the same home. Each has had sewing of some sort in it, very neat and small. They have been well used, and worn in parts, but I couldn't just leave them there, could I?

2 comments:

aromatic said...

Love the aprons.. and I see what you mean about the squash. I went to a charity shop the other day with my OH. My OH adores charity shops and spends ages trawling through the LP boxes.. amongst other things. I am more of a quick look around and if I see something I like I then decide if I really need it (most of the time I find a reason for needing said item) and then purchase and go, or if with the OH purchase and wait, and then wait some more!!
Needed something to put all my cooking utensils in that are too large for the cutlery draw and found something that may be suitable and also needed a sugar bowl with a lid... could not actually find a sugar bowl but found something that will do the job. I have taken some photographs of them so may post them soon. I too adore my camera, have only had it since the end of July, my daughter brought it off Ebay and passed it onto me. Its my first digital camera and like you say its seems like magic.....

Jane xxx

Willow said...

Yes, I'm just about getting to grips with my digital camera (& blogging!). I love the way you can delete all your mistakes ... you know, the ones where you accidentally take pictures of your feet, or pointing up your nose etc! (Gosh, that makes me sound a bit deranged?!!). Am hoping to go charity shop hunting this afternoon - will let you know what I find.
Willow x