Friday 6 February 2009

The prettiest plate of all...................


I have a lot of lovely plates, but this one is definitely the prettiest, with its wavy edgedness and little floral print. I managed to find 4 of them, sadly a fifth one was broken, but four was fine................ I have no idea of the date of manufacture, but I suspect it is quite old. They're (almost) too pretty to use, but would look so nice with a slice of cake on LOL. I'd like to find out the date, so will do a bit of research into it.

3 comments:

thesnailgarden said...

Ooooh, I like that plate! When my paternal grandmother died I was asked if I would like to keep something of hers and I choose a cake plate with roses on. I too have tried to find out about the date and maufacture but to no avail. I hope you have more luck, Pj x

Helen said...

It is a very pretty plate. I have absolutely loads of lovely plates of all descriptions, inherited from my mother-in-law. As she lived for her entire life in the heart of the english 'Potteries' she had acquired many, and now they are mine. At first I thought they were too good to use, and there are certainly too many to display, and so I decided that I would use them, not every day but they are in the plate cupboard and do get used frequently, and I enjoy using them immensely. I say use your plates, and take pleasure from them. Helen x

Bovey Belle said...

What a pretty plate - you know I have a soft spot for such things! Neither can I imagine actually going into a shop and buying such things NEW!