Saturday 28 January 2012

Antique fabric..................

.....yes  please!  Love it :)  I went to one of my favourtie antique places today and was in for a lovely surprise - they have greatly expanded and changed around their vintage/antique fabrics and haberdashery section. I was like a child in a sweetie shop, I really was. So much gorgeousness to choose from............... 
I seem to have a leaning towards French  fabrics, and managed to come home with these:

The tiny wee label at the top says 1885, which I imagine is the date, and these are the original labels further down; I think they were samples originally.

The bundle on top is glazed chintz in very pretty reds and golds, again with original labels on. Even the red and white string bundling them up is lovely, and will be lovingly rolled  up for re-use.
I couldn't resist these either:


Lengths of sheer joy and prettiness, which will be squirreled away for something they will be just perfect for.

Add all that to yesterday's wool bought for stashing



and I'm one very happy bunny. :)



http://www.dairyhouseantiques.co.uk/
http://www.hansons.co.uk/

1 comment:

Leanne said...

gorgeous fabrics Sarah! the wool too, looks so soft.

Leanne x