Tuesday 16 September 2008

Turned into a busy day ......



...yesterday. I ended up getting loads done, so satsified with what I accomplished. Livestock fed and watered, bed stripped and aired, changed later, two loaves of bread made, hedgerow wine started into fermentation, butter made, braised pheasant casserole, pork and leek casserole, 4 loads of washing done, 3 of them dried, bathroom cleaned and sorted. Bathroom was a bit of snowball hosuework - I started with just a swoosh around, but ended up doing the whole thing - windows cleaned, surrounds scrubbed, plants repotted, shelf decluttered and cleaned, the lot! It's amazing how different it looks this morning; I changed a couple of pictures around in there, and put a new plant and a clock on the little corner shelves. All that's left is for the patchwork cat hanging to dry and be re-hung, and to clean the glass star lampshade, which I need a chair for. I'd love to snowball through the whole house, but we'll see how we go :) If it stays dry (lloks like it) I need to get out and finish proofing the cabin for the winter; only the back wall needs doing, having done the rest on Sunday. It's now blue, and there's so much of the preservative stuff left, my other shed can be matching too! And teh henhouse........and the duckhouses......couple of chairs.......

No comments: