Sunday 19 October 2008

Autumn Bliss flpajacks



I made these this evening; I'm fed up with the ovepriced, overpackaged "cereal bars" type things that MrL likes for the office, so he gets this type of thing from now on. I did it by intuition, so maybe this recipe is already out there somewhere, but I made it up as I went along. Easily adaptable to any fruit you have, or you could add chocoalte chips, coconut, dried fruits, spices, etc.

4oz butter
4oz sugar
4oz plain flour
4oz porridge oats
1 tbsp golden syrup
handful of fresh fruit - I used Autumn Bliss raspberries for this one

Combine butter and sugar, add flour and start to rub in butter; add in the oats and syrup,then the fruit etc, and mix thoroughly (I use my hand for this stage). Press into a suitably sized buttered tin and bake in a hottish oven until cooked through and starting to brown. Cut into fingers while warm , leave to cool in the tin, then turn out. Store in an airtight container if you don't eat them all straight away!

4 comments:

nita x said...

they look lovely sarah :) and far healthier than those prepacked cereal bars.

The Crackled Horse Company said...

Hello Mrs!
I saw a comment you had put on Heart of The Country blog that you shop in Wimbourne Farmers market?
I used to live ( was bought up ) in Ferndown and know pretty Wimbourne VERY well. Have celebrated many a New Yrs eve in the square.
Then... I looked at your blog AND YOU HAVE FLAP JACK!!! My ( and hubbys ) favorite!
Im going to scribble it down and make it this week... you can never buy one thats "just right"... taste OR price.
Yours look delicious! Lovely Blog!
Take Care and Happy Monday! Helen at The Crackled Horse x

MrsL said...

Small world, helen, isn't it? We were at Three legged Cross for ten years before coming here, so I know the area down there very well.

Enjoy the flapjacks - I have to make some more this morning - already!!

Libbys Blog said...

Doh!!! I had never thought to add choc chips etc to flap jack, my daughter loves these, thanks for giving me a nudge!!