Friday 5 September 2008

Rainy Friday treasures............

Good evening from a very soggy Dorset! It's been raining here most of the day, both at home and down In Wimborne; back to the Friday market routine, which was nice after a break of a fortnight. Had breakfast in town, bought my stash of magazines, quick hurtle around the charity shops (saved 2 for next week!), then off down to the market. Lots of treasures for few pennies again. Two new skirts in the picture there for 3.00 - lovely quality crepe-y , both fully lined, one brand new with the tickets till on! The hearts brooch is a little piece of 1940s treasure from my vintage jewellery lady at the market; the lace trims came from my linen lady a couple of stalls down, at 1.00 per piece. I have a notion to tack them on my larder shelves after it's been cleaned out and tidied. The rosey plate was irresistable to me at the tip ( combined with a new loaf tin, lovely stainless steel, copper- bottomed steamer and pan, some bungs for my demi-johns and the rather interesting little wooden moneybox with spots on. Who needs new? :)



1 comment:

Greentwinsmummy said...

you are going to giggle when I show you smething at knitting tnigth!!lol!
I love the money box! very sweet!