Thursday 4 September 2008

Spiral scarf

I got the wool for this yesterday, and cast it on this morning - couldn't wait! It's an ingenious design by Judy Warde, in the lovely book Yarn Stash Wonders, which I borrowed from the library. There are many things in there I'll knit, I think. This wool is a Kaffe Fassett Rowan one, pure wool, very soft and warm, ideal for a scarf, and I think the colour grading sits well with the spiral design. Chuffed with this one. I now have to go and do all the housework I should have been doing whilst knitting this! :)




Or I might just cast on something else instead..................

3 comments:

Greentwinsmummy said...

you are very clever,you know that?:o) it looks lovely!roll on cold days then!
GTM x

MrsL said...

It's far too nice just for cold days - I had it on in the kitchen this afternoon...........:0)

The Wessex Reiver said...

I'm always amazed with knitting.... maybe it's a man thing but I have no idea what is going on. And I'm quite arty, but knitting is a dark art to me. I'm impressed.